Ventilation and air flow are important to maintaining a healthy home. Mold strives in a room where the air is stagnant and non-flowing. We spend the majority of our time indoors and it is important that the air you are breathing is fresh and free from toxic mold. Things such as cleaning supplies vapors, smoke, and dust can make the air within your home 2-5 times worse than the air you breathe outdoors.
Poor Ventilation Signs:
- Moldy/Mildewy smell in areas like pantries and closets
- The smell of cooked food lingering around for too long
- Symptoms of allergies like a runny nose and watering eyes
- Condensation appearing on cooler surfaces and windows
Chemicals that we use within our home to clean can be unhealthy for your respiratory system. It is critical that you home is well ventilated to allow residual chemical vapors to escape into the outside air. Pay attention to odors that linger around from chemicals such as:
- House Cleaning Sprays
- Paints & Solvents
- Carpet Cleaners and Furniture Polish
Particles that float around in the air of our homes can be hazardous to our respiratory health and even cause allergy issues. Key airborne particles to be aware of are:
- and more
Too Much Moisture in the Air
Moisture in the air can cause extensive damage to your home’s structure. Moisture in the air gives mold a great environment for mold to form. Too much moisture in the air can also cause allergy issues because it also promotes the growth of bacteria, mildew, and dry rot.